All dental offices in New York State must have a defibrillator on-site by January 1, 2012
NY State Bill #S0293, signed June 8, 2011
June 8, 2011 Governor Cuomo signed legislation requiring all dental offices in the state of New York to have on-site an automated external defibrillator, or AED. The new law applies to all dental offices in the state.
In addition, all dentists in New York State are required to be certified in CPR, which includes training on the use of an AED.
In order to keep prepared and compliant with the new law, HealthFirst recommends that every dental office use a Practice Compliance Checklist to ensure that required and recommended equipment, training and response plans are in place. The Checklist includes:
- Emergency Medical Kit
- Emergency Portable Oxygen
- Basic Life Support (AED, CPR & Resuscitation)
- Emergency Response (Medical Kit Use)
Emergency Response Plan
How to Save Money
1) Buy a HeartSine samaritan PAD 300P from HealthFirst and save $100 with promo code: DCNYAED at checkout.
2) New York State provides a $500 tax credit against the purchase of an AED.Click here for details.
Download Claim or Credit form:
3) Call 800 331 1984 to get a custom quotation for OnSite training. Certified HealthFirst trainers can provide:
- Basic Life Support Training for the Healthcare Professional, including CPR, AED & Bag-Valve-Mask
- Basic First Aid for the dental office
- Developing an Emergency Plan
- Emergency Medical Kit medications and devices
- Tell our training coordinator that you’ve purchase an AED from HealthFirst and receive a discount on the bundle
HeartSine samaritan® PAD 300P
Compact, Easy-to-Use, Lifesaving Technology
Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) is a leading cause of death globally. Response time is critical for survival. The HeartSine samaritan® PAD 300P was designed especially for use in public areas by providing a sophisticated defibrillator for adult or pediatric use, inside a lightweight and easy-to-operate system.
List Price: $1,295.00
Save $100 with promo code: DCNYAED at checkout
HeartSine Pediatric Pad Pak (Pads & Battery)
List Price: $185.00
HeartSine Wall Mount
List Price: $70.00
HeartSine Prep Kit
List Price: $30.00
HealthFirst also offers the Philips HeartStart OnSite Defibrillator and its accessories.
Philips HeartStart OnSite Defibrillator
Ease-of-use and portability make it ideal for the dental practice.
The HeartStart OnSite Defibrillator, available from HealthFirst, is designed for ease-of-use and reliability. Pulling the green handle activates the defibrillator and voice instructions. These instructions are paced to the responder's actions to help guide her through the entire process - from placing each pad on the patient to delivering a defibrillation shock.