HealthFirst’s Sharps Management system, which features online tracking and compliance management, while eliminating costly pickup service contracts has been recognized as a preferred product of choice by dentists across the country.
ADA Business Resources is pleased to endorse HealthFirst as the exclusive provider of sharps and medical waste mailback disposal services for ADA members, providing them with a comprehensive and cost-effective sharps and medical waste disposal solution when compared to traditional pickup services.
In addition, HealthFirst’s ever increasing list of endorsements from State and local Dental Associations for their Sharps Management product line is a testament to our company and the quality of our products and services offered to the dental community.
Simplify compliance with HealthFirst and OnTraQTracking and managing sharps and medical waste compliance no longer has to be a time-intensive, manual process. OnTraQ is an online compliance tool that links directly to HealthFirst’s Sharps Management Program.
Compliance status at a glance
The OnTraQ dashboard provides a bird’s eye view of the compliance status for a practice. A single color-coded view displays the status of your Sharps Management products, along with other products purchased through HealthFirst, such as emergency medications, biological monitoring, or amalgam waste recovery.
Automatic updates, minimal manual inputs
OnTraQ automatically records and updates product statuses, tasks and reports. There is no need to constantly log in. Alerts are sent via emails and texts.
Easy Task Management and Reporting
Practice managers can use OnTraQ to set up tasks for team members and receive alerts when those tasks are left undone. Quickly generate reports to track performance and improvement.
Free and Secure
- OnTraQ is no additional cost for HealthFirst customers
- OnTraQ uses encryption according to the latest SSL standards to guarantee data privacy and account security
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the Sharps Management mailback service legal and compliant?
- Yes, the Sharps Management and Medical Waste management mailback service by HealthFirst is a legal and compliant solution for the disposal of your sharps and red bag medical waste in all 50 US states.
- How is a mailback service different from a local waste pickup service?
- Overall, how you manage and dispose of your sharps and medical waste will not change much from your current routine. You will still collect your sharps waste in approved sharps containers, package the containers for transport, fill out and sign the waste manifest tracking form and send out the package for proper treatment and disposal. The only difference is how your waste is transported to the treatment center (which is via UPS or USPS instead of a local waste pickup service). What’s best about mailback service it that you package and ship out your waste on your own time instead of someone else’s pickup schedule.
- How do I get rid of my current full sharps containers using your service?
- You can use our large capacity containers (Such as our 8-Gallon and 18-Gallon Sharps Management containers) to mail back your existing sharps containers. You simply place your full containers into the large capacity containers (No loose sharps) and use the postage-paid return ship box to ship the container back to our waste processor for proper treatment and disposal.
- Can I dispose of my regulated medical waste (RMW), commonly referred to as “Red bag” waste in your containers?
- Yes – our Medical Waste Management product line is specifically designed for you to dispose of your regulated medical waste using a mailback service. You can use the 3-Gallon Medical Waste Management container for co-mingled sharps and medical waste, or you can use the 8-Gallon or 18-Gallon Medical Waste Management containers to dispose of your full sharps containers (no loose sharps) and red bag medical waste.
- How do I track my waste and receive my signed receipt with a mailback system?
- Every Sharps Management and Medical Waste Management product comes with its own unique tracking number. When you purchase one of these products we tie this tracking number to your personal account in our online OnTraQ Compliance Management tool for proper waste tracking and reporting. Also included is a waste tracking manifest, which is located in a plastic sleeve attached to the side of the return ship box. You will need to fill out and sign this manifest prior to return shipment. Once our waste processor receives your package they will sign the manifest to confirm that your waste has been properly destroyed. This manifest receipt will then be digitally stored and accessible in your personal account in OnTraQ.
- Which mailback product should I use for my facility?
- HealthFirst carries a large selection of UPS and USPS-authorized mailback kits to fit the needs of your office. It’s best to identify the size of sharps containers you are currently using at your facility and match them to a similar size available within our mailback kits. Options include:
- Single sharps container with mailback box
- Multiple sharps containers in one mailback box (Most cost effective option)
- Large capacity containers with mailback box (To dispose of your own sharps containers and red bag waste)
- How much does it cost to use your service?
- The price shown next to each product is the all-inclusive price. The costs for return shipping and waste treatment/disposal for all our Sharps Management and Medical Waste Management kits are prepaid and includes free access to our OnTraQ online Compliance Management tool for 24/7 access to tracking documentation required by many states. The only other cost beyond the stated price is the outbound shipping cost to get the product out to you.
- Who do I contact if I have additional questions?
- If you have any additional questions regarding the right mailback kit for your office, feel free to contact our Sharps Management expert at Sharps@HealthFirst.com to help you identify the right solution to meet your needs.
Operatory Containers - Sharps Management
Sharps Management by HealthFirst is the only solution with dentistry in mind. Simply fill your containers with used dental needles & carpules and use the included prepaid UPS return box to ship it out for environmentally safe processing and disposal.
Large Capacity Containers - Sharps Management
Fill it. Seal it, Return it. Done. Sharps Management by HealthFirst makes it easy to dispose of your full sharps containers. Simply fill the 8 Gallon or 18 Gallon large capacity container with sealed sharps containers (no loose sharps). When ready, use the included prepaid UPS return box to ship it out for environmentally safe processing and disposal.
Medical Waste Management
Fill it. Seal it, Return it. Done. Medical Waste Management by HealthFirst makes disposing of your medical waste easy. Simply fill your container with regulated medical waste, including red bag and biohazardous waste as well as sealed sharps containers (no loose sharps in the 8-Gallon and 18-Gallon containers). When ready, simply use the included prepaid USPS return box to ship it out for environmentally safe processing and disposal.
HealthFirst carries the Covidien line of sharps wall brackets, lockable sharps wall brackets, lockable sharps wall enclosures and table top holders. These sharps accessories will help you adhere to OSHA's rigorous standards for medical waste management and handling practices.
ADA Members Always Receive 10% Off all Sharps Management Products
Plus Access to Special Promotions Not Found Anywhere Else
- Product Details
- Have Questions?
Fill It, Ship It, Track It – Done!
Sharps Management by HealthFirst makes disposing of your sharps waste easy. Simply fill your container and use the included prepaid return box to ship out for disposal. Plus you can track and download compliance certificates online through the OnTraQ® Compliance Manager, which is provided to you at no additional charge.
No Contracts, No Excess Inventory, No Expensive Pickup Service.
Being locked into a long-term contract for sharps disposal that charges you whether you fill the containers or not is expensive and takes away your ability to control costs. At HealthFirst, we believe you should be in control and should only pay for what you use. With the Sharps Management program, there are no contracts, no hidden fees, and no surprises. One low price includes the cost of the container, shipping and waste disposal service. Buy as many as you need and send them off for disposal on your schedule.
ADA Members always receive Special Discounts
ADA members will always get an additional 10% off all Sharps Management or Medical Waste Management products purchased directly through HealthFirst.
Have Questions? We Can Help!
Reach out to a HealthFirst Compliance Counselor at 1-888-963-6787 and let them help you determine if Sharps Management mailback services is right for you.